The design for adapting house no. 77 was entrusted to Čeněk Musil by the confectioner Ladislav Řezníček. The formerly two-storey building on the town’s main thoroughfare was bought by Mr and Mrs Řezníček in 1927. During the rebuild it gained an extra floor and simultaneously was given an arrestingly modified façade and a new wing at the rear. Four flats were laid out over the first and second floors – the two smaller ones had a single room, kitchen and WC/bathroom, while the larger ones had two rooms each. On the ground floor was a dedicated space for the confectioner’s, a locksmith’s workshop, and three other shops.
Musil’s design, with its noticeably protuberant oriel window and heavy-set cornices allies itself to the aesthetics of Purism and its foremost figure Vít Obrtel, who rebuilt the neighbouring building, no. 65, in the years 1927–1928. At that time it was owned by husband and wife Antonín and Karla Ulrich, who ran a bakery and corner shop there. The two upstairs floors each offered accommodation in a sizable three-room apartment, with a floor space of almost 70 m2.
- Jaroslav Mencl, Historická topografie města Jičína: dějiny Jičína (část II) , Jičín 1948–1949, p. 224–226
- Milan Kudyn, Architekt Čeněk Musil a jeho meziválečná tvorba v Jičíně , Olomouc 2006, p. 48
- Gabriela Petrová, Eva Chodějovská, Architekt Čeněk Musil, Jičín 2017, p. 80–81